Discover the possibilities at SMU
SpringFest is an introduction to SMU and the college admission process designed exclusively for high school freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and their families. This one-day event starts at 8:30 a.m. with a light breakfast and concludes around 3:30 p.m. after a campus tour.
There is a $25 fee, payable at registration on the day of the event, which covers the cost of breakfast, lunch and an SMU t-shirt. Family members are included at no additional cost.
SpringFest dates for 2017 will be announced and registration will be open in January 2017.
We encourage you to sign up for one of our daily visits or weekend visits this spring, where you will have the opportunity to attend an admission information session, take a campus tour led by current students, tour the Residential Commons and, during the week, eat lunch in one of our campus dining halls and attend an information session in the academic school of your choice. With advance notice, we can also design a custom day by giving you the opportunity to sit in on a class in your area of interest.
Each year SpringFest includes these activities:
- Campus Tour: An introduction to SMU and our beautiful campus through a campus tour. Ask current SMU student ambassadors what college life is like at SMU!
- Workshop: Learn how to stand out in selective college admission with tips and strategies for completing the Common Application and SMU Supplement with an SMU Admission Counselor.
- Academic Sessions: SMU offers 100 majors and 85 minors in five undergraduate schools. Meet with a school of your choice and learn more about the various academic opportunities.
- Lunch: Get a taste of the Mustang life by indulging in all-you-care-to-eat dining at either of our two award-winning residential dining halls, Real Food on Campus at Umphrey Lee Center or Fresh Food Company at Arnold Dining Commons.
- Breakout Sessions: Participate in sessions designed to help you navigate your college search, including such topics as what to expect during the admission process, how to present yourself to your admission counselor and how many times you should take the SAT.
Please DO NOT make travel arrangements unless you have registered for SpringFest and received a confirmation email.